Pep Guardiola has finally responded to reports linking him with Juventus.
The same journalist who broke the news of Cristiano Ronaldo’s mega-transfer to Juventus last summer is saying Guardiola has already got a verbal agreement with the Italian club.
“I’ve learned that Pep Guardiola already has reached a verbal agreement with Juventus for the next four years. It’s the same person who told me that Ronaldo was going to Juventus,” a report claims.
Interesting revelation considering the Spaniard is contracted to City until 2021 after signing a new deal at the Etihad, last year.
And after the league leaders recorded their 24th Premier League victory of the season over Watford on Saturday, he addressed those rumours in his post-match press conference.
“I have two more years and I’m not going anywhere unless they sack me,” he said.
Current Juventus boss Max Allegri has been strongly linked with leaving the club at the end of the campaign so it’s certainly believable that there will be a managerial void for the ex-Barcelona and Bayern Munich gaffer.
Guardiola, of course, has enjoyed managerial stints across Spain and Germany with Italy the only major European league he hasn’t plied his trade as a coach.
He’s won domestic titles in both Spain and Germany not to mention the Premier League last season with Manchester City in a record breaking term.
Guardiola’s boxed off La Liga, Bundesliga and Premier League, is the Serie A next?
Let us know what you think in the comment section below.