by Vaughn Chua · June 4, 2019
Apple has announced its newest version of the iOS, the iOS 13, sporting improved and updated features that brings more convenience to the company’s users.
“iOS 13 brings new capabilities to the apps you use every day, with rich updates to Photos and Maps, and privacy-protecting features like Sign In with Apple, all while delivering faster performance,” Craig Federighi, Apple Senior Vice President of Software Engineering
Here are the new features of the iOS 13:
- Dark Mode
- Organized photo, video browsing, and Photo Editing Tools – most photo editing tools are now available for video editings such as rotations, cropping, and filters. Portrait lighting adjustments can also be adjusted in the Camera app directly. There’s also a High-Key Mono effect feature that allows monochromatic look for portrait photos.
- Apple Sign-In – Allows users to sign-in to apps and websites with the use of their Apple ID. This will make them quickly sign-in and allow authentication to different kinds of accounts.
- Maps – the new Apple Maps allows broader road coverage, better pedestrian data, more precise addresses, and more detailed landcover. (rolls out to the US at the end of 2019 and to other countries in 2020)
Other updates include the following:
- Reminders – it comes with a new look and a new quick toolbar
- Messages – now have an automatic share feature for a user’s name, photo, or customized memoji or animoji.
- Siri – new, more natural voice, and supports suggested automation.
- CarPlay – new Dashboard for viewing music, maps, and more in a single view
- Voice Control
- Notes – New Gallery View
- Text Editing
- Files app – now has the ability to share folders with iCloud Drive
- Health – allows monitoring of hearing health and new ways to track, visualize, and predict a woman’s menstrual cycle.
- Location Services
- Performance Improvements
The developer preview of the iOS 13 is now available to Apple Developer Program members at the company’s developer website here. A Public beta program will be available to the iOS users next month (July 2019) at the company’s website here. To know more about the new iOS 13, check out their website here.
Source: Apple Newsroom
Vaughn is your go-to person when it comes to comparing gadgets especially smartphones. He’s also a gamer by heart and the “Hackerman” of the team.