Luis Suarez (1) and Lionel Messi (2) scoring goals as Barcelona defeat Liverpool for 3-0 in Champions league today in Barcelona
- Lionel Messi scored his 600th Barcelona goal in all competitions, 14 years to the day since he scored his first against Albacete in May 2005.
- Barcelona extended their record Champions League run of 32 home matches without defeat (W29 D3 L0), with this their first ever home win over Liverpool in European competition at the fifth attempt (W1 D2 L2).
- Liverpool suffered their joint-heaviest Champions League defeat, also losing 0-3 to Real Madrid in October 2014.
- Liverpool have lost the away leg of their last six major European semi-finals, four of which have been in the Champions League (previously 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2017-18).
- Barcelona’s Luis Suárez scored his first Champions League goal of the season, with his 36th shot of the campaign; his previous goal in the competition was in April 2018 against Roma, whose goalkeeper that day was Alisson.
- Barcelona’s Lionel Messi has scored 26 Champions League goals against English clubs – 14 more than any other player.
- Liverpool have now lost more matches in the Champions League this season (4 in 11 matches) than in all other competitions combined (3 in 38 matches).