Here are some significant developments:
- The New York Police Department said 6,698 of the force’s 36,000 officers — or 18.5 percent — were out sick or in quarantine Friday. A day earlier, there were 6,498 unavailable, or 18.1 percent of the force.
- Taylor Swift donates money to fans affected by COVID-19
- Research shows that the virus is killing more men than women across the United States.
- Local officials in Georgia are lashing out at Gov. Brian Kemp (R) after his decision to issue a stay-at-home order that reopened all state beaches.
- The U.S. will likely go down as the country that was supposedly best prepared to fight a pandemic but ended up catastrophically over matched. The Washington Post retraces th failures over the first 70 days crisis