Barcelona have been told to resign Neymar as he is the second best player in the world behind Lionel Messi.
The Brazilian superstar was sold to Paris Saint Germain in 2017 for a world record €222 million transfer fee.
However, Neymar has been linked with a return to La Liga and Barcelona’s former president Sandro Rosell believes his old club should pull out all the stops to resign him.
Rosell was at Barcelona when they bought Neymar from Santos in 2013, and claims he’s better than Cristiano Ronaldo
“If I were the president of Barca, I would try to sign Neymar,” Rosell told COPE and Radio Marca.
“He is the second-best player in the world after Messi and fits perfectly into the philosophy of the club.
- Atletico Madrid Destroyed Osasuna 5-0 (Watch Highlights )
- Napoli Beat Juventus On Penalties 4-2 And Win The Coppa Italia
- Ronaldo Misses a Penalty and Messi Scored a Penalty All it Happened in one Week, Watch Video
- Bayern Beats Werder to Win 8th Straight Bundesliga title [ Watch Highlights ]
- Barcelona vs Leganes La Liga Highlights 16-6-20
“But with experience, he would sign him with two contracts, one sports and the other behavioural.”
Neymar has enjoyed a trophy-laden spell in Paris, winning three successive Ligue 1 titles, as well as a host of cup competitions.
However, he could be on his way out of the Parc des Princes, with Barcelona a likely destination.
Meanwhile, Barcelona have been told they should seek a swap deal for Inter star Lautaro Martinez rather than trigger his reported €111m release clause.
Rosell added: “I would not sign Lautaro for €111 million but I would try to exchange two players.”